Friday, April 6, 2012

Off to Paris

I'm spending this weekend in Paris to go see my friend Sarah. In France, Easter Monday is a holiday, so neither of us has to work; hence, four day weekend for me! (I don't work on Fridays anyway.) France is weird and a bit hypocritical like that; they are strictly laïque (secular), but they do love celebrating their Christian holidays and having vacations for them. I'm not complaining though, I get to spend a mini vacation in Paris!

I've been lucky with my location in France, I'm just a one hour train right away from Paris on the high-speed train, so this will be my fourth weekend trip to Paris during the past six months. I've gotten to see Sarah more than I had seen here in the past five years, it's been pretty great. :) There are no big plans for the weekend so far; tonight we're going to go see The Hunger Games (in English with French subtitles!), which I'm excited for. I saw it before dubbed in French, and I've been wanting to see it in English to really get the whole experience of the actors. Besides that we haven't planned what we're doing, but I'm sure we'll find something fun.

And I'll be back in Paris in another three weeks to meet Kim, Beth, and Heather at the airport and begin our Paris/London trip!

Cups of tea: 12

No comments:

Post a Comment