This will be a very quick post tonight! Despite professing my trip planning prowess in last night's post, too much trip planning still makes me crazy. And that is what has happened tonight. My mom and I just got done with a 3+ hour skype call (ahhh) during which we got nearly all our hotel/train/car planning done. She just needs to book one more hotel and the rental car and I just need to buy one more set of train tickets and it will be all set! Then we get to the really fun part of planning what we actually want to do in each city!
Anyway, today was a day that really contrasted good and bad student traits. It's interesting, one of my favorite students is also one of the students that can be the most disruptive and annoying when he's in a "I don't want to listen, I want to be the class clown" kind of mood. Normally we get along well and I guess he's a bit of the teacher's pet in my classes, but today- oh man. He started this game (along with the troublesome student in the class, I should add) where students would throw an eraser to each other while I had my back turned to write stuff on the board. They would try to get it to the other side of the class, or something like that, by the time I faced them again. Of course they probably thought I was completely oblivious to this, but It was pretty easy to figure out what was happening by the second time I turned to the chalkboard. Ohh, students, always thinking they're much sneakier than they really are. Along that same line, it's amazing how stupid students must think teachers are. Take using cellphones in class. Do students really think it's not obvious what they're doing when both their hands are under their desk and they're staring straight down into their lap? I was a student not even a year ago; I know exactly what you're doing, kids.
I generally don't like to complain about my students because, for the most part, I really like them. We generally get along well. Sometimes though... they can just be out of control and annoying. It's unfortunate that one of those such days was right near the end of my teaching experience, but the good days have outweighed the bad!
Cups of tea: 12
No comments:
Post a Comment